Welcome to the Home of the Broomfield High School Eagle Bands!
Here you can find up-to-date information for classes, concerts, performances, camps, and
other BHS Bands-related activities.
2013 MARCHING BAND CAMP
Marching Band Camp for all members for the 2013 season will take place
July 15-17 (mini-camp) from 10am-6pm each day, and
August 5-9, 12-14 (full camp) from 12noon-8pm each day.
Color Guard & Percussion Camp dates can be found on the Calendar page.
Be sure you have comfortable athletic clothes, your instrument, your music
ready (downloadable on the Marching Band page), and water bottles.
BAND 1 is offered to all students that play a wind or percussion instrument.
The Fall semester consists of Marching Band (Aug - Nov) and Concert Band (Nov - Dec).
The Spring semester consists of Concert Band and Pep Band.
JAZZ BAND is offered to all students that play a jazz band instrument (piano, guitar,
bass, drums, trombone, trumpet, saxophone, clarinet), and is a year-long course.
Currently there is no audition required to be accepted into the class.
Students interested in joining Jazz Band should contact Mr. Laney for more information,
and check out the Jazz Band page.
-Ryan Laney, Director of Bands
"United we stand, divided we fall"
The Broomfield Band Member's Creed
1. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will consistently exhibit remarkable self-discipline, not only in band functions, but in all areas of life.
2. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will show the greatest respect to all those around me, regardless of age, title, or relation to myself, and will proactively help others as needed regardless of personal recognition or compensation.
3. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will be prepared for all rehearsals, performances, and general functions with all necessary equipment, music, clothing, and other needs as is relevant.
4. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will treat all equipment, facilities, and other materials with the greatest care, regardless of location, ownership, and current condition.
5. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will use my talents and abilities to contribute to my community in a positive way, holding to a strong moral conduct for the betterment of myself and others.
6. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will adhere to the functions of an internal democracy, lead by example, and follow directions from my own leaders.
7. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will respect my director, my instructors, the student leadership, the volunteers, and my peers, and will proactively show my appreciation for them.
8. As a member of the Broomfield Band Program, I will ALWAYS perform at the highest level, and will expect myself to be a better person tomorrow than I am today.